Let us show you how incredible and life changing The Freedom Model can be for you:
Of course, The Freedom Model's Non-12 Step Approach focuses on empowering you to change behaviors and solve lifelong self-defeating habits such as drug and alcohol use. But it is how we go about our approach to this challenge that makes The Freedom Model so unique. We debunk all the addiction and recovery myths that mislead individuals to believe they are powerless and in need of perpetual recovery. The only reason "recovery" exists is to become a catch-all of those who have attended treatment and keeps this population tethered to rehabs, 12 step models, and the feelings of needing to be in a "recovery community."
By directly addressing the addiction and recovery myths that keep this tether alive, you can simply move past addiction, move past the nonsensical disease model of addiction, move past the brain disease myth, move past being fearful of "triggers", move past needing perpetual "aftercare", move past the need for 12 step meetings, etcetera. Simultaneously, you will be building your self-confidence to handle old challenges and new stressors you may encounter when you return home through practical, real life exercises while you are enrolled at the retreat. In addition, the social aspects of your experience here will provide you with the confidence and necessary life skills to return home and build a more fulfilling life.
- You will be treated with the utmost dignity and respect - You will NEVER be labeled as an addict or alcoholic. Never
- You will learn you are in control of your future and the choices you make - You will NEVER be taught you are diseased or that you are powerless.
- We will work together in building a future filled with happiness and purpose - You will NEVER be judged by your past.
PHILOSOPHY The Foundation of the Freedom Model
The three human attributes that free you from addiction and perpetual recovery:
- The Positive Drive Principle - All people always move in the direction of what they believe will bring them the most happiness at any given point in their life
- Free will – A human's natural ability to choose for himself or herself.
- Personal Autonomy – You are your own person, and therefore you can choose what to believe and how to act independent of situations and events. You are free.